We are going to visit the exhibition "Sorolla y Estados Unidos" and attend a workshop thanks to "La Fundación Mapfre".
Joaquin SOROLLA's masterpieces, Valencian painter on PhotoPeach
Preparing our visit
Let's play a game in order to prepare our visit.
A- Choose a word and write it down in your notebook:
|Wordcloud about Sorolla with Wordle, by Rosa Fernández|
B- Now, let's play watching this video:
Stand up if you listen to your word, and clap your hands when you hear it again.
|Self-portrait (1899). Fundación Banco de Santander|
- Where was Sorolla born?
- Where can you find a big reproduction of his work in Valencia?
- What's the name of the sea painted by Sorolla?
- What does he "capture" about the coast?
- What kind of pictures did he paint?
- Do his paintings look like reality?
- How about his brushstrokes? Do you think they are big or tiny ones?
Let's take a look at one Sorolla's painting on Google Art Project. And ... a second one.
|Swimmers, Jávea -fragment- (1905). Museo Sorolla|
- La gran aventura americana de Sorolla revive en la Fundación Mapfre. RTVE.es
- Joaquín Sorolla y Bastida. Website. The complete works.